Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 2, 2011

Is this really Advent?











And this Gospel? It doesn’t come wrapped in twinkling lights and satin bows; it comes straight into our pitchest black. The Gospel of Christ, it’s a messy, bloody thing and this is how God was born, bloody and bruised, and that’s how God chose to die, bloody and beaten. And our God, He knows the comings and goings of our bloody battles, and this is exactly where He meets us. The Gospel is good news in the eye of the worst news.

Advent is the believing this, and this is how Christ comes:

“A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him…” Isaiah 11: 1-2

Advent is an active waiting. And Christmas comes to those who wait for the whisper, who look for the little, who seek the small, scandalous signs of the every-where presence of God.

The only way to see the Savior this Advent is to see the small, and wise men find ways to slow the season down.

All Advent, this pouring out in small acts of kindness: a hot cup of coffee, a sticky note on a mirror, a treat left on a seat. And for every small act, this planting of one small seed (ONE PACKET OF SEEDS) or ONE BOX CHRISTMAS OPERATION CHILD or ONE CHICKEN maybe COMPASSION CHILD.

This year I reduced my Christmas spending on each grandchild by $10.00. Just $10.00 so that is a total of $50.00 for the little ones. Meaning two chickens and one seed packet for my little Esther in Togo. All year collections made of washclothes, bowls, hard candy, little toys, flip flops, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and sewing kits all for the name of OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD. is this letting the left hand know what my right hand is doing, no this is letting you know that it is possible!!.

POSSIBLE to support, share, and distribute to others the cause of Christ, the beginning of Advent. The beginning of the preparation of Christ/Christmas. So why can't it be all year?

I love you Lord!! You are so good to me and mine and all the time. I will bless the Lord at all times. Bless the Lord and all that is within me. Knowing where He brought me from to where He is leading me is life changing. I have never looked back but has it been easy, NO WAY!!! Can't explain but I know that I know that He has a plan for me and it is for my good and not to harm me but one that keeps me pressing toward the Mark of the high calling of Christ Jesus.

Definitely the line was drawn in the sand with my family when this choice was made. Fired from my job after 2 weeks of making a decision to serve Christ because I was a "holy roller" what is that?. Many more trials. But God has restored more in my life as Joel reads then I could ever explain or repay. So why wouldn't I want to share Advent.

I love nice things. I love a nice house, a nice car, jewelry, just plain ole stuff!!! But (I am saying that alot?) I have been downsizing in all these areas for the last couple of years. Some on purpose, some in His divine plan but I have no regrets. I love you Lord and may I never be an embarrassment to You!!. But more than anything He changed my HEART!!!!

Will you allow Advent in your heart? I pray so and may you be blessed with the Knowledge and Wisdom of The Holy Spirit from our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment